Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Doing Well

Maggie's surgery was on Friday, and she has been doing well afterwards. After the first day she ended up taking out about 5 or 6 of her staples on her tummy, so we had to take her back and they drained some fluid and stitched her back up. Her tummy is still pretty big, but Dr. Henderson told us that was just a combination of fluid and swelling.

When we brought her home. Still really out of it!

This is her tummy... BEFORE she ripped all of her staples out!


Since she hasn't really been eating, he told me I could start feeding her some Ensure, baby food, or some yogurt for some nutrition. She has been eating that, but she still has mucusy diarrhea, which has been going on for a while. I just hope to get her back in the routine of eating her normal hard food but I don't really know how to.

My dad's sense of humor.


Her incision looks good. I'm actually surprised its holding up, the collar she has isn't big enough so she can get around it and lick and bite at her stitches and staples. She has been resting a lot, but one thing that has been bothering me is her shaking. Not normal little dog shaking either, almost like a Parkinsons (for a human reference...) like shaking. It comes and goes, and I don't think she is chilly. She also gets very, very anxious and restless sometimes, mainly at night. She won't calm down and will just yell and whine at us. I'm hoping she is just wanting out of the kennel and she isn't in pain.

Oh, and also... I noticed some blood on my hand after holding her Friday. I checked it out, and her poor little nipple was barely hanging on! I asked the vet about it when we took her to get some stitches in, and he said the clippers caught it. They just about took it off... that has to hurt.

Otherwise, she is doing GREAT! I'm so excited to see that she has progressed so much in so little time. I am so very thankful. We will return to the vet on Friday to get her staples and stitches removed, and probably discuss her pelvic surgery. We'll see.

Relaxing next to momma :)

Sleepy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment