Saturday, April 30, 2011

Puppy Love!

Maggie is doing well. I was so, so nervous about bringing her home, although excited, I didn't know what to expect. I set up her cage, put her favorite blanket in there (it is so soft and cuddly!) and put her some friends to snuggle up to and keep her company in there as well! Millie (our other dog) was so curious, she didn't know what to think. We don't put our dogs in the kennel or anything (I know, I know). When I lived on my own I put Maggie up, but since moving back in with my parents we don't. I knew she was going to hate it.

Curious Millie.


She cried and whined so much once I put her in there! I felt so horrible. Millie was being so sweet though and wouldn't leave her cage. She would lay down and put her nose against the door and just stare at her. Maggie really couldn't get comfortable; she kept getting up, going in circles, laying down, and repeating. I could tell she was getting frustrated, so I took her out and laid with her on a blanket for a few minutes to calm her down. Dad came home from work, and after a very excited greeting I put her back in her kennel to sleep.

Millie is so sad that Aunt Maggie is hurt!


She ate a good dinner that night, and guess what? She had a bowel movement! I was so thrilled. I'm guessing that means her nerve damage was only temporary. It was very small and hard, but no blood was present. She had another normal sized one this morning too! She won't eat her normal dog food, so we are giving her the soft canned food. I want to try to get her to eat her normal food again so this new food doesn't loosen her bowels, but I don't know how. Tried mixing it, but she just eats around it.

Getting spoiled with the good stuff. You can kind of see how out of line her hips are here.


She is taking to the sling well also. I use an ACE bandage around her hips and hold her up with a little support while she finds a good place to do her business. Dr. Henderson called this morning to check on her, and he was just as excited as we were about her BM. She is resting well this morning. More updates to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment